Human Resources Professional Certification
Graduate-Level Preparation Course (3 credits)
- Prepares you for taking the Society of Human Resource Management Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) or Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) credential exam.
- Combines expert instruction with the SHRM Learning System so you will learn faster, retain more knowledge, and stay on track.
- SHRM approved and led by a CP/SCP certified instructor.
- Provided as an elective in our graduate M.S. in Human Resource Management program.
- Also open to non-matriculated students and offered as an audit option, for significant cost savings.
Program is Ideal for
- HR professionals qualified under SHRM requirements for CP and SCP certification who are preparing for the exam.
- Individuals who want advanced education and training for a successful HR career.
- HR professionals wanting a broader education, to update their HR knowledge, or to enhance their marketability.
- Earning your CP or SCP credential establishes you as a recognized expert in the HR field.
- These new certifications recognize that HR professionals are at the core of leading organizational success.
What to Expect
- This certification preparation program covers four knowledge domains: people, organization, workplace, and strategy.
- The course also covers eight behavioral competencies: leadership, ethics, business acumen, relationship management, consultation, critical evaluation, global & cultural effectiveness, and communication.
- The course investment includes all course materials but does not cover registration for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP examinations.
How do I know if I'm eligible to take the exam?
When and where can I take the exam?
How do I get recertified?
What if I already have additional certifications?