Opening Doors: Careers in Health Care and Social Work
March 15, 2017
Open to veterans and their spouse/children interested in enrolling at Nazareth (undergraduate).
Overview of health care options and programs
- Learn about five care professions for which you can earn a degree at Nazareth: physical therapy, occupational therapy, nursing, public health, and social work.
- Consider critical personal skills that many members of the military possess, to help you connect with your potential in these professions
Applying previous credit and military experience
- A realistic look at what colleges will take for credit and why, including how military transcripts do and don't benefit you.
- Gain insights to prepare for transitioning from service to college
Overview and discussion of military education benefits
- Learn what's available for veterans and the spouse and children of veterans
- how the benefits work
- how to best use these benefits
- when they expire
Lunch: 12 - 1 p.m.
Other veterans' events in March:
March 8: Veterans' Networking Event
March 22: "Thank You for Your Service" film and panel discussion