Athletics and Recreation
Whether you're a hard-core athlete, a competitive intramural player, an avid exerciser, or a spectator on the sidelines, Nazareth has something for everyone.
- Admission to Nazareth athletic events is free for all students.
- Nazareth athletes are competitive on and off the field, ranking among the top 10 NCAA Division III schools nationwide in overall graduation rates.
- Nazareth is a member of the Empire 8 Athletic Conference and the East Coast Athletic Conference (ECAC).
- Athletes are regularly named All-American and Academic All-American and earn all-star and player-of-the-year honors.
- In its 22-year history, the men's lacrosse team has made 17 appearances in the NCAA Division III tournament, winning three championships.
- Nazareth's 21 varsity teams routinely have players named to league MVP and all-conference honors, and several of our student athletes have recently been recognized as All-Americans in sports such as swimming and diving, and track and field.
- The men's soccer team took the 2006 conference championship, reaching the quarterfinals in the NCAA Division III tournament.
- Nazareth is one of the few colleges in the nation with an equestrian team.
- In 2011, the men's volleyball team won their first national title in the Molten Division III Invitational Volleyball Championship.
Not looking to turn pro just yet? Join one of our intramural teams, such as volleyball, walleyball, softball, basketball, racquetball, floor hockey, soccer, or flag football.
Where to Work Out
- The Golden Flyer Stadium Complex has an all-weather track, fitness center, and space for 2,200 fans
- The Fitness Center, located in the Shults Center, has cardio equipment, free weights, weight machines, racquetball courts, a swimming pool, and an equipment room.
- Coming soon: The Golisano Training Center will provide an indoor track, field, courts, and training facilities for Nazareth students. Special Olympics will also use this field house for training and events — and partner with our students in professional health care degree programs to improve the health of athletes of all abilities.
- Oversized gym
- 25-meter pool
- Dance studio
- Campus trails for running or cross-country skiing
- Athletic fields, including one artificial turf field
- Softball field