We offer a variety of individual and interdisciplinary undergraduate majors and graduate programs in the fine and performing arts, humanities, and in the social and natural sciences.
Teaching and Learning Goals
Students completing program curricula will:
- Attain a disciplinary perspective in the liberal arts and sciences: i.e., define the content, the language, the discipline's mode of inquiry and the research methods of philosophy, the visual and performing arts, literature, the social and natural sciences, mathematics, history and religious studies.
- Develop creative, analytical, quantitative, critical thinking and problem-solving abilities.
- Communicate effectively through critical reading, writing and oral presentation skills.
- Develop and express an aesthetic sensibility.
- Inspire and be inspired by a passion for intellectual engagement with people.
- Be culturally competent and civically engaged global citizens.
- Be challenged to articulate and live out consistent and responsible ethical beliefs.