PSY 103 (1 credit), Making the Most of the Psychology Major. This course will introduce the student to the scientific foundations of the discipline and provide some details regarding student engagement in research.
Psy 487 (1 credit), Undergraduate Research Seminar. After successful completion of Psy 201 and Psy 202 students will participate in this seminar to identify a research topic, work to develop a research proposal, and submit a proposal for Human Subjects Research Review when needed.
Psy 485 (3 credits) Independent Research. In collaboration with a previously identified faculty member the student will work to collect data, perform analyses and complete the writing of a research paper.
Students who complete the project will present their findings in a public forum, usually the Eastern Psychological Association meeting or CARS, or both.
- Spera, M. and Bush, M.F. (2015) I and ME: Does It Make a Difference? Eastern Psychological Association, Philadelphia, PA
- Bush, M.F. and Zoto, K. (2014) Psychological Factors Contributing to College Adjustment in First Year Students. Eastern Psychological Association, Boston, MA
- Carroll, E. and O'Loughlin, R. (2014) Does the attitude that pain is a part of life influence the knowledge and practices of healthcare professionals? Eastern Psychological Association, Boston, MA
- Bailey, A. and Gutheil, G. (2013) The Development of the Concept of Family in Children, Eastern Psychological Association, New York, NY
- Bush, M.F. and Fangio, M. (2012) Playing Your Way to College Adjustment, Eastern Psychological Association, Pittsburgh, PA
- Bockes, T. and Goddard A. (2012) Dog Training for the Safety of the Elderly, Eastern Psychological Association, Pittsburgh, PA
- O'Loughlin, R. and Wills, D. (2012) Responses to Facebook Posts: The Role of Valence and Exaggeration, Eastern Psychological Association, Pittsburgh, PA
- Page, D. and Vizgaitis, A. (2012) Generational Differences in Happiness, Eastern Psychological Association, Pittsburgh, PA
- Steitz, D.W., and Sommerville, M. (2012) Creating Home Through Intergenerational Service-Learning: Nazareth College Gerontology Program and St. John's Community Involvement Collaborations. State Society on Aging of New York Conference, There is No Place Like Home, Fairport, NY
- Court, D., Goings, A., Edwards, J., and Steitz, D.W. (2012) Leadership and Service through Intergenerational Learning: The Older Adult and Student Partnership. State Society on Aging of New York Conference, There is No Place Like Home, Fairport, NY
Court, D., Edwards, J., Goings, A., and Steitz, D.W. (2012) Leadership and learning through intergenerational learning: The older adult and student partnership. Undergraduate Journal for Service-Learning, Leadership, and Social Change, 1-8.