Forced Migration Studies Program
We work to increase engagement with refugee outreach efforts and other displaced populations. The program seeks to:
- Increase engagement with and advocacy for refugee communities through experiential learning;
- Establish interdisciplinary courses that include topics on forced migration;
- Increase research on population displacement, forced migration and resettlement;
- Develop research and education on and off campus that centers on and empowers the voices of displaced persons.
How to get involved:
- Faculty: Consider incorporating a service learning or civic engagement component into one of your courses. Community-based research is also an opportunity to engage in meaningful scholarship relating to areas of forced migration.
- Students: Through off-campus internships, research opportunities, service learning courses and the Refugee Student Alliance, you have a variety of ways to become engaged with refugee communities.
About the Rochester refugee community
Partnerships and refugee resettlement