Academic Affairs (the VPAA, deans, academic department chairs, and administrative staff) leads by shaping and maintaining the academic learning community in which we prepare Nazareth students for meaningful careers and instill in them a dedication to the ideal of service. Through ongoing planning and assessment and in collaboration with faculty governance and the other divisions of the college, we
• Ensure that students are taught to lead engaged lives as world citizens through study in the liberal arts and sciences and the professional programs;
• Provide an integrative and transformational learning environment that supports success for all students;
• Cultivate a pluralistic campus community and nurture a diversity of ideas and perspectives to challenge students to develop their intellectual, personal, ethical, cultural and social competencies;
• Support the ongoing development of faculty as teachers, scholars and practitioners, and stewards of the academic mission of the college;
• Provide opportunities for ongoing staff development to support student success.