The interfaith studies program demonstrates Nazareth's commitment to globalization, pluralism, inclusiveness and spiritual values. As we live together in a “small village” or in a “ship in the vast ocean,” we need to build relations and understanding for peaceful coexistence, better living and work environment.
Courses in the program are:
- Experiential: Emphasizing active and engaged learning
- Dialogical: Accentuating the tools of conversation, reasoning and mediation
- Empathetic: Building appreciation for the spiritual beliefs and practices of diverse cultures
- Critical and Interdisciplinary: Integrating the methods and insights of diverse disciplines to enhance analysis and understanding, challenging students to assess positions and evaluate strategies
- Constructive: Enhancing positive strategies for religious and cultural understanding as well as cooperation among diverse peoples