Accounts Payable

FAQs for Departments Paying Nonresident Aliens

Departments that wish to have a nonresident alien provide independent personal services to the College in the U.S. should review the information below.

What are the tax implications for a “nonresident alien” vs. a “resident alien?”
What are considered “independent personal services?”
My department wants to bring in a speaker from outside the U.S., what do I need to do?
How will this individual be paid?
Where can I find additional information on this topic?