Tax Information and W-9 Forms

Abandoned Property

Please cash any checks issued to you promptly. Every March, Accounts Payable must send funds from uncashed checks from the prior calendar year to the State of New York as Abandoned Property.

Tax Exempt Forms

New York State sales tax exempt forms are available in Accounts Payable. To purchase something tax exempt, take your Nazareth ID and the completed tax exempt form to the vendor at the time of purchase.

Out-of-State Tax Exemptions

If you are traveling for Nazareth to one of the following states, request the appropriate tax exempt form from Nazareth University Accounts Payable before your trip, because we have these on hand:

  • Florida
  • Massachusetts
  • New Jersey
  • Ohio
  • Pennsylvania


Nazareth University is required by the IRS to provide Form 1099 informational returns to eligible vendors and individuals, etc. who have received payment or payments of $600 or more in a calendar year from Nazareth for:

  • Rent
  • Royalties
  • Prizes and awards
  • Physician and medical services
  • Healthcare
  • Attorney fees
  • Non-employee compensation
  • Gross Proceeds Paid to an Attorney

The university does not maintain an accountable expense reimbursement plan for vendors. As a result, the amount listed on the 1099 form is based on actual payments, not the purpose of the payment. Expense reimbursements paid directly to the individual are includable as 1099 income.

Each vendor on record with Nazareth is required to provide a valid W-9 (Request for Taxpayer ID). New vendors must submit their W-9 to Accounts Payable,

1099 Instructions:

Form 1099s are due to recipients by January 31 (or the following business day when January 31 falls on the weekend)

If you have questions regarding 1099's, call Accounts Payable at 585-389-2035.

W-9 Form

New vendors are required to submit their W-9 to Accounts Payable,

This is required for vendor set up. Payments will not be processed without a completed W-9.