Information for Music Applicants
Programs that require auditions
Auditions for admission are held from November to April in the Gerald G. Wilmot Hall of Music on Nazareth College’s campus. In addition, auditions are held in select cities throughout the northeast.
Exceptional auditions may qualify you for scholarship funding that is distributed by the music faculty. If you are a recipient, these scholarships will appear on your financial aid award letter.
Register for an audition
View available dates and register for a music audition online, or call Undergraduate Admissions, 800-462-3944 or 585-389-2860.
Complete SlideRoom supplement
Before the audition, complete a Music Degree Supplement using SlideRoom. There is no fee for this supplement, but it is important to have this completed before you arrive to speed up the registration and audition process on the day of the event.
What to expect at the audition
- Theory Placement exams are at 8:30 a.m. First-year examinations normally require one hour. Additional time is scheduled for junior-year placement, which is done by exam only.
- Auditions are between 9:30 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. Time is provided for warm-up and a brief rehearsal.
- A personal interview follows the audition.
- Sight-singing and piano proficiency exams are scheduled within the remaining time.
- Music/Business applicants have the option to follow a different audition format. Click here for details »
Specific Requirements by Instrument
Brass and Woodwinds