International students, we invite you to make Nazareth your university home for undergraduate and graduate study in America.
In the ever-changing economic, cultural, and educational landscape of the 21st century, it is imperative that your formative experiences reflect what it takes to be a successful global citizen: exceptional critical thinking skills, communication & teamwork skills, cross-cultural competence, and professional experience. These practices are the foundation of a Nazareth College education.
Join students on our campus from Antigua, Armenia, Australia, Bangladesh, Bermuda, Burma, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Egypt, England, Finland, France, Gabon, Georgia, Germany, Holland, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Kenya, Kyrgyzstan, Mongolia, Morocco, Panama, Peru, Poland, Scotland, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Syria, Taiwan, Tanzania, Ukraine, Venezuela, Vietnam, Wales, and other countries. At Nazareth College, you'll be immersed in a learning environment that is strong on advisement, highly collaborative, and offers abundant hands-on experiential learning. Before you know it, you'll find yourself fully engaged in something you love.
Nazareth College has two admissions options for international students: regular admission OR conditional admission.
Conditional admission is available if you meet academic requirements for admission but not the English language proficiency requirements. We'll hold your acceptance offer for up to three semesters while you study in Nazareth's English as a second language program, the American Language Institute, and meet ALI’s requirements for successful completion: maintain an average of B (80%) or above and successfully pass the Tell Me More English Language Achievement Test with a combined score of 550 or above in written and listening comprehension. Then you matriculate as a full-time undergraduate at Nazareth.
Each admission option requires the following translated into English (if conditional admission is desired, proof of English proficiency is not required):
1. A completed Common Application. Apply online at www.commonapp.org, making sure to complete all necessary information. No application fee is required.
2. An official secondary school transcript or final mark sheet.
3. An official copy of your TOEFL/IELTS exam results (or other proof of your English language proficiency).
Minimum Scores Required:
Nazareth College Institution Code for TOEFL: 2511
4. Optional: An official copy of your SAT exam results.
5. Provide one to three letters of recommendation from counselors or teachers.
6. Submit a sample of your writing with your Common Application. May not exceed two pages in length and may be a graded academic paper.
7. A completed Declaration of Finances and bank statements. You may download this form here: Download the Declaration of Finances form. This form is needed to issue an I-20 (required to obtain student visa) and indicates the amount available to cover your educational expenses. This completed form will be required after the Admission Committee makes a decision.
Arrange for these documents to be sent to our office:
Preferred deadline to submit your completed application for the fall semester: Feb. 1.
Please contact us with any questions about the application requirements.
By Skype: brendan_bond
Nazareth's 150-acre, naturally wooded and beautifully maintained campus is located in Pittsford, New York, a historic village near Rochester. More than 1,200 full-time undergraduates live on campus in 11 residence halls that include singles, doubles, suites, and apartments. Learn more »
Nazareth is internationally recognized as a comprehensive educational institution that provides its students with transformational experiences integrating liberal arts, sciences, visual and performing arts, and professional education at the undergraduate and graduate levels and that places special value on student success, diversity, inclusion, civic engagement, and making a difference in global communities.
Organized into the College of Arts and Sciences, the School of Education, the School of Health and Human Services, and the School of Management; the College offers more than 50 four-year undergraduate programs, and 20 master's degree programs. Learn more »