Program is Ideal For
Certified teachers seeking additional education to teach gifted students.
An extension in gifted education positions a professional to be a building or district consultant as well as an instructor for the advanced learners in a school.
What to Expect
- Students typically take one course per semester, completing the program in one calendar year
- 50 hours of fieldwork
- Courses may be offered on campus or online
Curriculum (9 Credits)
- Introduction to Gifted and Talented Education
- Curriculum and Instruction for Individuals with Gifts and Talents
- Gifted Education in the School Organization and Community
- Complete and submit the annotation/extension approval form, including signed permission of the program director.
- Deadlines are on a rolling basis for fall, spring, and summer terms.