The Office of Veterans' Affairs offers support that includes:
- Financial: Our Financial Aid office can explain which federal/state veterans' education benefits can help you attend Nazareth. (Have your DD-214 copy 4 and VA Certificate of Eligibility at hand, or call for assistance if you don't have those documents.) Also, Nazareth participates in the Yellow Ribbon Program, which provides additional education aid from the College and the federal VA for qualified veterans. Those who don't qualify may be eligible for a Nazareth scholarship. Nazareth students and recent alumni also get free memberships in SALT financial literacy program.
- Career: Our Career Services office can help veterans translate their military service into a resume for civilian jobs, connect veterans more than 40 job recruiters who give preference to hiring veterans, and point out opportunities such as the veterans' preference for federal government jobs.
- Social: Veterans enjoy a dedicated lounge in Smyth Hall with computers, TV, and couches.
- Physical health: In addition to our health services, our on-campus York Wellness and Rehabilitation Institute clinics provide physical and occupational therapy, art and music therapy, and much more.
- Mental health: Our counseling center offers crisis intervention as well as individual, couples, and group counseling to students.
- Disabilities: Our Office for Students with Disabilities connects eligible students with educational accommodations.
Monday-Friday: 10 a.m. - noon and 1 - 2 p.m. in Smyth Hall Room 22C.
Tuesday from 5:30 - 7:30 p.m. in the Admissions Center
* Please call or stop by for an appointment. If you are unavailable during these hours, I will make time for you at your convenience.
Our Veterans' Lounge in Smyth 20 is open for student use from 8:30 a.m. - 6 p.m. Monday-Friday
This office is one of five that comprise Nazareth's Student Support Services.