Student Worker FAQs

Before starting work

Can I bring copies of my forms of ID?

No. It is a federal requirement that we must view the original document/form of ID. We can not put students into our system until we have these documents.

How many work study hours do I have?

For 2023-2024, take the award amount and divide by $14.60 (which is the blended rate between spring and fall). That will provide you with the number of hours that can be worked for the year.

If you want to know the number of hours per week you can work, take that number and divide by the number of weeks you plan to work.

Do I get a separate check for each on-campus job?

No, only one paycheck is issued for each pay period.

If you work more than one job during a single pay period, you will receive one paycheck that includes your combined earnings.

Do I still pay taxes if I’m on work-study?

Students enrolled at least half time are exempt from paying Social Security (OASDI) and Medicare taxes during the school year. However, students are not exempt from paying federal and state taxes.

For information regarding student-related tax issues, please refer to the IRS Tax Information for Students page.

How do I sign up for direct deposit? (Can be done anytime.)

Sign up on self-service or by filling out a Direct Deposit form from the Payroll office, also available on our Documents page.

To receive payments, you’ll need to provide the details below:

  1. Bank name and address
  2. Account type
  3. Bank account number
  4. Routing number

All new direct deposit accounts will require a pre-note with the requested financial institution to ensure accurate information. Please expect new direct deposit forms to be delayed by one paycheck. 

After starting work

How do I submit my timecard?

Log into Self-Service.

Follow the Student how-to guide.

When are timecards due, and when do I get paid?

Deadline: Submit timecards by 10:30 a.m. Monday at the end of the two-week pay period. Students are paid the Friday after a pay period ends.

Payroll calendars are on the Documents page.

Why don’t I have access to my timecard in Self-Service?

If you cannot see your timecard in NazNet Self-Service, it is likely that you have not signed off on your Work Authorization form. Talk to your supervisor about sending you the link to the forms via email, or check You'll need to sign in with your MyNaz username and password.

Once it has been signed off and processed, it should appear in Self-Service.

I forgot to enter hours from last pay period. What should I do?

You will need to pick up a Paper Timecard from the Payroll office, complete it, and get it signed by your supervisor. To be paid on time, time cards must be returned by Monday at 3 p.m. before the Friday pay day.

Paper timecard example

When changing or closing my direct deposit bank account, who should I contact first, my bank or Payroll Department?

Alert Payroll first, to avoid the check being kicked back to the state.

If I’m leaving campus over break, can I get my paycheck sent to my home address?

Yes, stop by or email the Payroll office to provide a temporary alternate mailing address.

I lost or never received my W-2. Can I get a replacement?

Yes, W-2 Statements are now available to view or print online via ADP.

Log in using your MyNaz username and password.

What should I do if I run out of work-study hours, but I want to continue working on campus?

Talk to Financial Aid; they may be able to help you.

If not, most positions can continue as a non-work-study job. There will be a new Student Employee Work Authorization for you to fill out, and you can continue working in your position.