School of Education

Teacher Certification


State certification workshops
State certification tests
Register for certification tests
Final step to get certified

Content Specialty Test Details:

Undergraduate Programs

Art Education
Inclusive Adolescence Education
Inclusive Early Childhood/Childhood Education
Music Education
Speech and Language Disabilities

Graduate Programs

ACCESS Program
Educational Technology
Inclusive Adolescence Education
Inclusive Childhood Education
Inclusive Early Childhood Education
Literacy Specialist: Birth-Grade 6 or Grades 5-12
Speech and Language Disabilities
TESOL Education
Visual Arts
Extension for Bilingual Education

Graduate Internship Temporary Certificate

Offered a job before you're done with your graduate program?

If you are at least halfway through a graduate teacher education program and you've been hired, or you have an offer to be hired, by a public school, you may be eligible to apply for a NYSED Internship Temporary Certificate if you meet all of the criteria.

Temporary Certificate Criteria and Form

Out of State Teaching

State requirements differ. New York has agreements with other states to accept a New York teaching certificate for the first year of teaching, while you take steps to meet that state’s certification requirements. It is wise to maintain your New York state certification. Look up the specific state’s education department for certification details.

Contact Information

Contact, 585-389-2592, or 585-389-2051, or visit Golisano Academic Center 205 with any questions regarding certification.