How to Apply for Aid
Nazareth's federal school code: 002779
Nazareth's TAP (New York state) code: 0525
The most important first step is to fill out the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid). This form is used to determine your eligibility for any type of financial aid (scholarships, grants, work-study, and loans).
- Never leave spaces blank. Answer every required question, even if the answer is "0".
- Carefully read and follow all instructions. Respond quickly to all requests from the Financial Aid Office. Remember: Even if your application is received by the priority date, you will not receive an award if your file is incomplete when award offers are made.
- Complete all forms using your full given name. Don't use nicknames. Notify the Financial Aid Office and Registrar's Office of any name change. The Social Security Administration should also be informed of any name changes. Otherwise, you might cause delays in the awarding of aid.
- Use the correct Social Security number. An incorrect number can mean more delays and even loss of some financial aid sources.
- Save copies of all forms and correspondence you submit, noting the dates they were sent. This way, you can refer to specifics when calling or writing about your application. Always keep copies of your tax return transcripts and W-2's.
Financial Aid Application Process
Incoming Undergraduate Applicants
Returning Undergraduate Applicants
Incoming Graduate Applicants
Returning Graduate Applicants