Click for contact information for each member of our staff.
The Campus Safety office is open 24 hours a day, every day, and is conveniently located at 21 Shults Community Center (basement level). The Department coordinates all requests for services for outside law enforcement, fire departments, medical, or other emergency responses on campus. All campus fire and security alarms are also monitored from this area.
- Blue light courtesy phones are strategically located throughout campus. These phones dial directly to the Campus Safety office and indicate your exact location to the dispatcher. Use these telephones to request information, escorts, and motorist assistance (lockout assistance, jump starts), or to report something suspicious.
- Residence halls have telephone jacks and students are encouraged to use them. These phones may be especially useful during times when cellular service is interrupted.
- Students, faculty and staff are encouraged to sign up for the Security Escort beeper. When activated, these easy-to-carry alarms provide Campus Safety with the location of the person activating the alarm even when the person is moving. Security officers immediately respond to the location of the alarm.
To File a Report
To file a report or concern with Campus Safety you can stop by the Campus Safety Office at 21 Shults Community Center or call x3333 (from college landline phones) or 585-389-2850 (from cell phones or off-campus).
Law Enforcement and On-Campus Investigations
The Department maintains close working relationships with area law enforcement agencies. All criminal activities and motor vehicle accidents, as required, are reported to law enforcement by Campus Safety through the “911” system for reporting, investigative, and arrest purposes.
Campus Safety also investigates violations of the Nazareth College Student Conduct Code, which is distributed to all students at the beginning of each academic year. These incidents are typically referred to the Student Conduct office for review. Student Conduct procedures are clearly outlined in the Undergraduate Student Handbook, which is distributed to students each year.
The Campus Safety Department uses a variety of methods to share information with the campus community regarding security and safety related issues.
- Safety notices and prevention flyers are distributed throughout campus.
- In the event that a situation arises, either on or off campus, that, in the judgment of the Director of Campus Safety, constitutes an ongoing or continuous threat, a campus wide "timely warning" will be issued. The warning will be issued through the college's NAZ Alert System and email system to students, faculty and staff. The Campus Safety Department may also post a notice on the Nazareth College web site, providing the college community with more immediate notification.