Posting your Internship
When should I send my posting?
We accept internship postings throughout the year - but students intern during fall, spring and summer terms (dates vary slightly each year - see our academic calendar). If you would like a fall intern, it is best to send your posting by late July/early August. Spring internships should be sent by November/December. Summer internships vary depending on organizations, but most send and advertise their summer internships in January-April.
What do I include in my posting?
A well-written internship posting should include the following:
- A brief description of the organization
- A listing of intern responsibilities and tasks
- Overview of learning opportunities available to the student by participating in your internship.
- Time frame (Nazareth interns earn credit by semester and must spend 10 weeks AND 120 hours total at their sites as a minimum)
- Paid or unpaid? (for-profit internship sites are encouraged to read this position statement by the National Association for Colleges and Employers)
- Instructions on how to apply (most internship sponsors prefer for students to email them a resume)
Nazareth College uses a web-based job search engine called Handshake for employers to post full and part-time positions and internships.
- Click "Sign up for an account" and select "Employer". Fill in all of the required information about your organization.
- Once you have set up your account, select "Post a Job" to begin posting your opportunities.
- We will approve your notice once you submit it (usually within 24 hours) and it will then be posted live for our students.
- If we have any questions about your posting, we'll contact you. You can use the same system to post full-time opportunities for our students.
If you have questions about Handshake or need assistance in creating an internship description, please contact the Professional Internship Program at firstname.lastname@example.org.