Posting your Internship
What do I include in my posting?
A well-written internship posting should include the following:
- A brief description of the organization
- A listing of intern responsibilities and tasks
- Overview of learning opportunities available to the student by participating in your internship.
- Time frame (Nazareth interns earn credit by semester and must spend 10 weeks AND 120 hours total at their sites as a minimum)
- Paid or unpaid? (for-profit internship sites are encouraged to read this position statement by the National Association for Colleges and Employers)
- Instructions on how to apply (most internship sponsors prefer for students to email them a resume)
Nazareth College has a web-based job search engine for employers to post full and part-time positions and internships called HireAFlyer. The site is password-protected and is used by Nazareth students to search for your openings. Students have the opportunity to create individual profiles, upload resumes and contact you directly to apply for jobs and internships.
As an employer, you can set up your own account on the system by pointing your web browser to:
- Hit "Click Here to Register" and fill in all the blanks marked with an asterisk.
- Once you have set up your account - with you as the contact person - Select "My Jobs" at the top of the screen and fill in the blanks.
- We will approve your notice once you submit it (usually within 24 hours) and it will then be posted live for our students.
- If we have any questions about your posting, we'll contact you. You can use the same system to post full-time opportunities for our students.
If you have questions about HireAFlyer or need assistance in creating an internship description, please contact Emily Carpenter (firstname.lastname@example.org).