OPEN YOGA CLASSES
Monday Evening: 8:00pm – 9:15pm "Night Light Yoga" with Lynne Boucher
Tuesday Afternoon: 12:10pm – 1:00pm "Mid-Day Yoga" with Leanne Charlesworth
Tuesday Evening: 8:00pm - 9:15pm "Night Light Yoga" with Rebecca Stapley
Wednesday Evening: 8:00pm – 9:15pm "Night Light Yoga" with Erin Garvin & Eileen Casey-Campbell
Thursday Afternoon: 12:10pm - 1:00pm "Mid-Day Yoga" with Susan Smelt
FREE classes for students, faculty, staff and alumni
All levels are welcome. Bring your own mat or use one of ours.
Sponsored by the Center for Spirituality and the Office of Intramurals.
A Community of Reflection & Action
Nazareth College has long recognized the importance of spiritual growth in the development of the whole person. We are committed to fostering an environment in which people are encouraged to explore their own spirituality, dialogue with others, and engage the world around them.
The Center for Spirituality chaplains work closely with student leaders in the CFS Club to serve the Nazareth community by:
- Encouraging reflection on personal beliefs, values, purpose and spiritual identity through a wide variety of retreats, discussion and community experiences.
- Offering meditation/worship services and educational opportunities from a variety of religious traditions, both on and off campus.
- Facilitating dialogue among people from diverse faiths and perspectives through diversity dinners, panel presentations and interfaith events.
- Empowering work for social justice and encourage generous service in our local, regional, national and global communities.
- Providing a welcoming and hospital presence by being available for pastoral care and maintaining spaces for personal reflection and communal gatherings.
- Fostering a sense of community by organization campus wide celebrations, memorials and gatherings in response to current events.
The Center for Spirituality chaplains provide pastoral care to people of all beliefs and spiritual practices.
We serve students, staff, faculty, alumni and other members of the Nazareth community. A chaplain can help you to feel more peaceful and relaxed during times of high stress or uncertainty as well as help you feel more connected with yourself and community.
Call a chaplain if you:
- Would like to talk with someone about your life's direction and purpose
- Want to connect with others from your own spiritual or religious practice
- Want to learn about other spiritual or religious traditions
- Are looking for meditation opportunities and religious services on campus
- Have questions about your own spiritual journey
- Want help coping with fear, stress and worry
- Are struggling in a relationship with a friend, family member or significant other
- Are interested in interfaith dialogue opportunities
- Would like to participate in faith- based service activities and retreats
The Center for Spirituality Chaplains’ offices are located on the first floor of the Golisano Academic Center. Our offices are safe, judgment free and confidential places. Please feel free to contact any of the chaplains listed if we ever could be of service.
All Are Welcome
Religious Organizations and Communities
Everyone is welcome to participate in the Catholic Community, Hillel (Jewish Community), the Muslim Student Association, the Protestant Christian Community, and Zen Buddhist Meditation.
Spiritual, educational, and social programs put on by the Center for Spirituality Student Council.