At Nazareth, you do not have to select a major until the end of your sophomore year. Some majors require a decision earlier than that, but generally the first two years can be a time of exploration, reflection, and self-evaluation. We encourage undeclared students to use this time to think about their interests and goals. During this time, you can also take courses that fulfill core requirements and expose you to a wide variety of areas of study.
Declaring Or Changing A Major
To change or declare your major, complete a Declaration or Change of Major form. This form must be approved by the department chair of the desired major and returned to the Academic Advisement Center.
- Our GEM: Guided Exploration of Majors program helps freshmen and sophomores who haven't yet declared a major.
- The Majors page has great general information about each program. To learn more about the exact required classes and curriculum for any major, look at the Academic Programs section of the Undergraduate Catalog.
- Each semester, the Academic Advisement Center offers a one-credit course open to freshmen and sophomores called CDL 101: Exploring Self, Majors, and Careers.
- The Career Services Office offers resources for students, including computer software programs that help you pinpoint possible careers and majors that match your interests.
- You can make an individual appointment with your academic advisor (a professor in your major) or with an academic counselor in the Academic Advisement Center to discuss major and/or career choices.