Work with an Advisor
Academic advisement is the reflective process of planning a student’s education, keeping in mind the College’s academic policies and degree requirements as well as the student’s choice of major, academic abilities, special interests, co-curricular activities, and professional and life goals.
All students must complete requirements for a major and Core.
- Incoming freshmen and transfers are assigned faculty advisors from within their major department.
- Undeclared majors are assigned to an advisor from the AAC or a volunteer faculty member. After declaring a major, students are assigned advisors within their major department.
- If you do not know who your assigned advisor is, look under "My Profile" on NazNet or contact the Academic Advisement Center.
- Make sure you understand the roles and responsibilities for both you and your advisor.
- You can schedule an appointment to work with your advisor at any time, but you are expected to meet with them at least once a semester during the Advisement & Course Selection period.
Click here to complete a recognition form.
Your academic advisor assists you in planning and attaining your educational, professional and life goals. Your advisor supports your success by encouraging you to become self reliant and make appropriate educational decisions.
- Did your advisor refer you to a resource or program that was helpful to you?
- Did your advisor demonstrate concern for you in some way?
- Did your advisor assist you in clarifying your educational and/or professional goals?
- Did your advisor clearly and accurately explain requirements for your program?
- Did your advisor help you get back on track with your academics?
- Did your advisor take time to get to know you?
- Did your advisor help you solve a problem?
- Did your advisor challenge you in some way that helped you grow as a person?
- Is your advisor simply awesome?
Please help us in recognizing our outstanding advisors. Show your gratitude to your academic advisor by completing a recognition form. Click here to fill out the form, and your remarks will be shared with your advisor and his/her department chairperson and dean. Your advisor will also receive a certificate of appreciation for the work that s/he does as an academic advisor.
Thank you for taking the time to recognize your advisor’s good work.