Percussion students in all degree programs receive:
- weekly one-hour private lessons
- weekly master class
- weekly percussion ensemble
- opportunities to assist in conducting and teaching
- Perform and teach snare drum, marimba, timpani, drum set, and hand drums.
- Gain experience in community service, as well as paid positions, for drumming and percussion classes in area schools, churches and libraries.
- Assist in instruction for methods students.
- Prepare and conduct percussion literature for rehearsals and concerts.
- Compose for the Percussion Ensemble, getting your compositions performed and recorded.