Register and Earn Credit
To earn academic credit for an internship at Nazareth College, you will need to register for an internship class and follow the steps below.
- Discuss your internship with your departmental advisor and the director of internships
Keep them in the loop! If you have found or created an internship on your own, you will want to ensure it will be approved for credit.
- Fill out an Internship Approval Form or Summer Internship Approval Form
Fill this out with your advisor and turn it in to the Internship Office in the Center for Life's Work, GAC 111.
- Register for the appropriate internship class via NazNet
If you have questions about which class to register for, talk to your advisor and the director of internships. *The summer internship registration process is different – you'll need to complete the approval form (above) first! There are a limited number of two-credit summer internship scholarships available. Be sure to contact Dale Leyburn (SOM) or Emily Marchese (CAS) for details if this is when you plan to complete your experience.
- Watch for emails
Dale Leyburn or Emily Marchese, the Assistant Directors of the Internship Program, will send you directions and important dates.
- Fill out a Site Agreement Form with your internship supervisor
This should be completed BEFORE you begin your internship or on the first day. This form is also submitted to the Naz Internship Office in the Center for Life's Work, GAC 111.
- An internship is worth three credits
- Students must attend three seminars and complete a series of reflective assignments
- Students need to spend at least 10 weeks (8 weeks during the summer) and 120 hours minimum at their internship site