Register and Earn Credit
All internships at Nazareth earn academic credit which means you will need to register for an internship class.
- Discuss your internship with your departmental advisor and the director of internships
Keep them in the loop! If you have found or created an internship on your own, you will want to ensure it will be approved for credit.
- Fill out an Internship Approval Form or Summer Internship Approval Form
Fill this out with your advisor and turn it in to the Internship Office in GAC 112.
- Register for the appropriate internship class via NazNet
If you have questions about which class to register for, talk to your advisor and the director of internships. *The summer internship registration process is different – be sure to contact Emily Carpenter for details if this is when you plan to complete your experience.
- Watch for emails
Emily Carpenter, director of internships, will send you directions and important dates.
- Fill out a Site Agreement Form with your internship supervisor
This should be completed BEFORE you begin your internship or on the first day. This form is also submitted to the Naz internship office, GAC 112.
- An internship is worth three credits
- Students must attend three seminars and complete a series of reflective assignments
- Students need to spend at least 10 weeks (8 weeks during the summer) and 120 hours minimum at their internship site