Nazareth College is committed to upholding students' rights as outlined by the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
Please contact Alison Teeter, Registrar, at (585) 389-2801 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any FERPA-related questions.
- For Nazareth College's FERPA policy, please click here.
- For a brief overview of FERPA, please refer to the FERPA Basics document.
- Review FERPA Overview for explanations of important terms and policies (presentation by Harter Secrest & Emery LLP, February 2015).
FERPA Forms for Students
- Students who would like to give third parties, including parents, access to their educational records can submit a disclosure permission form to the Registrar's Office.
- This disclosure form applies only to academic records. Students can grant access to financial information (student accounts and financial aid) through NazNet. Visit Student Accounts for specific instructions.
- Students who would like to authorize faculty to release information related to their progress in a specific course can submit a course progress disclosure form.
- Students may submit an "opt out" of directory information form if they would like their directory information suppressed.
- Students who would like to review their educational records may submit a Request to Review Records form.
FERPA Forms for Faculty/Staff
- Faculty and staff should obtain a written release before providing references for students and alumni. Download release form.
- Guidelines for reference providers.